This blog has moved! Please continue reading at Cupcakes & Coffee Breaks.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Confetti Cake Brownies

My husband's favorite cake is "Funfetti" and he also happens to have a love for brownies, so when I found this recipe for Cake Batter Blondies, I knew I had to try it.


You can find the original recipe at the link, but my slightly modified version is below.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box of "Funfetti" cake mix, or a yellow cake mix with sprinkles added
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 egg (I ran out of eggs, so I used 1 small cup of applesauce as a substitute (about 1/4 cup) which worked)
  • 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips (original recipe called for white chocolate chips, but I'm not a fan, so I used butterscotch as a delicious alternative)


To make, mix all of the ingredients together and bake in a 9x9 inch pan for 30 mins at 350 degrees.

Optionally, you can frost them, but honestly, these are dense bars of funfetti cake mix, so they are very sweet on their own. I left the frosting out of the recipe, and they were delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment