This blog has moved! Please continue reading at Cupcakes & Coffee Breaks.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Low Carb (and Gluten free!) Pizza

I've been gluten free for about a month now, and it really is not as hard as I thought it would be! For this pizza, I used the "No Dough Pizza" recipe pinned to my Pinterest board (don't forget to follow me!).

For the crust, the recipe calls for garlic powder, cream cheese, parmesan, and black pepper. I didn't have any black pepper, so I didn't use it, and it turned out just fine. Also, I used 1/3 fat cream cheese, and it was still great. The original author used full fat, but I can safely say that reduced fat works very well.

I also used a 9 x 13 inch baking pan instead of a dish. The crust doesn't rise enough to raise an issue, so if you have a smaller baking pan, feel free to use it!

Recipe:

Crust:
1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
2 eggs
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)


Mix ingredients and pour into greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until brown at the edges. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Top with sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice. Bake for 10 minutes.


The husband (who is not gluten free) loved it. It's important to note this crust is not "crunchy" or "crispy". It's essentially a thin quiche. But besides that, it's definitely a pizza! Plus, it's very filling. I could only eat one piece of it!


Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment